Long distance routes
Located 4 km from the French longdistance cycling route Véloire, Estefana is an ideal stopover for an overnight stay during this varied route. At Marcigny you leave the route and follow the direction Chambilly / Lapalisse (D990). After 4 km you will find Estefana on your left.
The Véloire runs from Montrond-les-Bains to Paray-le-Monial, a stretch of 140 km. The route starts at the thermal baths of Montrond-les-Bains, after which you follow the course of the river on small roads through the bocage landscape of the Loire. Paray-le-Monial and its famous basilica mark the end of the Véloire.
You can also start at the source of the Loire and cycle all the way along the Loire to the Atlantic coast (1061km). The route then starts at Mont Gerbier de Jonc, a mountain peak (1551 m) in the Ardèche, where the three sources of the Loire rise at the foot. At Montrond-les-Bains you join the Véloire, after which you follow the EuroVelo 6 from Paray-Le-Monial. The EuroVelo 6 runs from Nantes on the French Atlantic coast to Constanta in Romania (4450 km).
The rolling environment of Estefana is suitable for the sporty cyclist or for the recreational cyclist with electric assistance. Various cycling routes have been set out in the proximity (also for mountain bike), varying in difficulty and length (6 to 45 km). Contact us for a tailor-made route.
4 km from the campsite, the Voie Verte runs near Marcigny, a flat, asphalted route built on a former railway near the Loire. This is a great starting point to explore the hilly area with villages and churches on both sides of the Loire. There is enough variety to make varied cycling trips over several days.
Facilities for cyclists
– Advantageous camping rate for cyclists passing through
– Chambre d’hôtes for those who want to travel with little luggage
– Table d’hôtes two to three times a week
– On days without table d’hôtes, we serve a simple meal for hungry cyclists
– Roof for sheltered sitting and cooking
– Information about cycling routes (mountain bike and racing bike) available
– Laundry racks and freezer for cooling elements
– Ability to spray bike clean
– Public transport: bus stop in Marcigny (route Le Creusot – Roanne)
– Possibility to charge an electric bicycle (for a fee)
– Nutritious breakfast in the morning at Bar Bizarre or order bread
– Supermarkets 4 km away in Marcigny
– Small bicycle repair kit and air pump on site
– Bike rental or larger repairs are possible in Marcigny, we are happy to help you
– Multi-day cycling tour? Car can be parked at Estefana (for a fee)
– And finally: your drink is already cold 😉